
I wish I were as nice as people think I am.
You know how when you first meet someone they don't know any of your bad quirks, moods or habits yet? Wouldn't it be great IF there was nothing for them to find out?! IF your family and closest friends said that you were as sweet as your acquaintances say you are? IF you were only nice, accommodating, selfless, helpful and loving all the time? If, if, if, if, if. Yes. Indeed, it would be wonderful, but perfection is not exactly feasible since we are fallen creatures. What is our goal then? It should be to try to prevent those mess-ups that will happen, and to repent quickly when they do happen.
Sometimes I do get depressed with how plain awful I am though. Do you? I think about all the mean things I've said, all the time I've wasted, all the laziness, all the sin, and think I'll never get it right. But! I know that there is still hope. Here's some inspiration for you and me:
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13
For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Prov. 3:5-6
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Gal. 6:9
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matt. 6:33
So, just for a little recap. We will make mistakes, but it is not hopeless. When we do fail we should look to the Lord for guidance and try to learn from our mistakes. Learn why we made that mistake, so we can keep from making the same one twice. Like they say, "If you fail the test, you'll have to take it again." Let's try to pass the test the first time, so we don't have to keep taking it over and over again.
P.S. Sorry that I haven't done a real post in a while. Forgive me?
Goodness sakes, Hannah. You hit the nail right on the head. I know exactly what you're getting at.
ReplyDeleteWhat encouragement! Thank you so much for that list. I need to memorize every single one of them.. I shall - that's my new project. Gracias.
I have so much work to do in this department. Thank you again for the reminder, dear.
I love you. <3
You have such brilliant thoughts... I think sometimes we have a lot of the same thoughts and you just know exactly how to say what you're thinking... and my brain just doesn't function in a coherent way when I try to explain it.
ReplyDeletelove the new header and background by the way :D